Is the game too tough for you? Here’s a simple guide on how to progress in Candy Crush Saga. 🙂
I must make it clear though – the game is a super huge “troll”, it’ll annoy you to bits. You just play to progress. If you’re the impatient type, be prepared to be in dismay or pay! 😀
What is Candy Crush Saga?
It’s a puzzle game based on the ever-popular Bejeweled series, with a story and quite a number of improvements, for example the candy combos.
Let’s skip that part.
1. Get more lives for faster progress – use as many devices on as many platforms as possible. You’re given 5 lives each time you log in. After you exhausted your lives, you will have to wait for it to restore. 🙂 The good part for players is that the lives are tied to the platform but not the game account. So in my case, I have 15 lives each time I play, because I play it on Facebook, on my tablet (iOS) and my phone (Android).
This is pretty cool for the early stages because by the time you exhausted your life on your 3rd device, you probably have a few others lives restored on the other 2 devices. On the later stages, the games end really fast, especially when there’s time bomb.
2. Remember the combos. – The game is about 98% luck and 2% skill, and that 2% skill is to spot the available candy from your luck. A single miss could make you lose an opportunity to progress.
My favorite combos are the Striped Candy + Color Bomb. So if you pair the color bomb and red striped candy, all the red candy on screen will turn into striped candy and explode. 🙂
Another one I like is Wrapped Candy + Striped Candy. It’ll clear 3 rows worth of candies top to bottom, and left to right. This one’s great for those ingredient levels and jelly clearance levels.
3. Chocolate is your enemy – The single most annoying element (at least for me, I’ve crossed the 100 level mark) is the chocolate as it consumes everything except ingredients, often hindering your intended candy swap. It spreads faster than a virus on steroids BUT what you need to know is that it only spreads when you move a candy.
It’s best if you could plan your move in such that it aimed to clear chocolates. Once you reach the base, the chocolate doesn’t spread anymore.
4. Don’t worry if you don’t pass – remember, the game is 98% luck so your skills almost does not matter at all. Some levels require you to play some 50 times over just to get the right combo. 🙁 I’ve had games that ends with 35 moves still available!
5. BUT I’m stuck for WEEKS!!! – my dear padawan, either you have really bad luck or you don’t play frequent enough. You should consider quitting the game and move on to something more fun. StarCraft II – Heart of the Swarm was just released 2 weeks ago, it’s certainly worth much more than the USD 39.90 Charm of Stripes booster.
Unfortunately there isn’t much more to it. The game is linear, luck is not.
Any other tips and guides you wish to share? Post it at the comments below!