It’s been a long while since an article was given such a long title. Anyway it’s all about the G-series Notebook from MSI – featuring superb specs for performance. In other words – MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT!
The G-Series (highlights from the Press Release)
MSI has unveiled its new generation of laptops, the MSI GT680R and GT680H, powered by IntelÂ® 2nd Generation Coreâ„¢i7 quad core processor and nVidiaâ€™s high-end DirectX 11-ready GeForce GTX 460M discrete graphics card, features ultra high-end sound system by Dynaudio.
An audiophile would know that the entry-level Dynaudio speaker system would costs 4,000 Euro upwards. The brand is meant for users at the top of the pyramid. Now MSI makes it available to more users by incorporating Dynaudio technology into a portable platform, the laptop.
By adopting the following sound technology from Dynaudio, MSI brings you the ultimate audio experience:
1. Speaker stage reposition: Adjust the positioning of the speakers to make it face the listeners.
2. Driver design optimization: Crystallize the sound and give it a sense of space
3. EQ Tuning: Adjust equalizer to distinguish between different types of music, such as jazz, classic, movie, games
4. Circuit rearrangement: Smoothen the signal processing on the sound board to decrease noise
The MSI GT680R (on two SSD drives) also attained an amazing record-breaking score of 18,162 points on the PCMark Vantage test. Thatâ€™s three times faster on average than other high-end gaming notebooks that are currently in the market.
The MSI GT680R configuration comes with either a combination of dual HDD or dual SSD while the MSI GT680H is equipped with one HDD and one SSD.
The MSI GT680R and GT680H start at a recommended retail price of RM6,999.00
Here’s some details of the GT680 Notebook.
– IntelÂ® 2nd Generation Coreâ„¢ i7 quad core processor.
– nVidia GeForce GTX 460M discrete graphics card
– Accelerated dual SSD architecture: The GT680R also comes with optional accelerated dual solid state drive (SSD) architecture. The read-write speed of just one dual solid state drive alone is three times faster than traditional hard discs. Coupled with the RAID 0 accelerated dual architecture not only doubles the GT680Râ€™s hard drive memory capacity, it enhances read-write speeds by some 70%.
*Looks like a notebook that deserves a role in Tron Legacy? 😛
– THX TruStudio Pro: The MSI GT680 Series is equipped with THX TruStudio Pro wrap around sound, heretofore found only in cinemas. The sound is pumped out of top-end internal speakers, so that the GT680 Series is able to reproduce any music type or frequency faithfully.
-Cinema Pro technology: The GT680 Series laptops come with powerful multimedia processing and MSIâ€™s own Cinema Pro technology for the best possible graphics. A touch of the Cinema Pro hotkey instantly switches to film mode for higher resolution and richer colors to bring you the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios. MSIâ€™s all new GT680 Series is not only the best choice for serious gamers, it is a powerful digital multimedia center.
Pictures from the Event
The event was held at G-Tower hotel. Very “suaku” of me to not have known the hotel, what to do. 😛
This place is called Tanzini, on the 28th floor of the hotel. 🙂
And here are the stars of the event.
What’s this? Rainbow colored keyboard? oh mai ……… I don’t want my notebook to look like a 9-year-old’s toy! 😛
Short speech + demo + PPT slides.
Ahhh finally! – A photo has leng lui (pretty girl) on it. 🙂
And here, the pretty girl and pretty notebook! I know I long time no post gurl pic liao, gip you all some la today. 😀
I think end up she’s the star of the show. Hrmrmrmr…………..
First Impression of the Notebook
MSI GT680R and GT680H start at a recommended retail price of RM6,999.00 <=-- NOTE, START AT. 🙁 For that price, the average user would actually be considering other notebooks out there, like the super sleek and stylish Apple Macbook Pro, and Macbook Pro comes with superb OS and software purchasing system. For the gamer, most of them prefer to have a 20"++ LCD and running a desktop, often cost less than half of RM 7k and giving much more performance. So in the end, this product looks like it's targetting the few people out there who insist on having gaming specs with superior quality Notebook audio system. I think the Dynaudio sound system is great but when you're on the go (eg on a plane, on a train, down the drain....) then it's pretty pointless since you can't appreciate the sound quality from such noisy condition, plus you'll be annoying others with whatever it is you're doing. In the end, mobile users often just resort to headphone units, for privacy and for not disturbing others. The only place one could actually enjoy would probably be at a hotel room. The average user whom you're doing presentation to? Well they're likely not audiophiles and couldn't be appreciating it, in fact when it comes to business - people care about what you can do for them rather than what notebook specs you're carrying. Spec-wise I'm pretty sure that the G series is awesome, question is whether you're willing to spend for a mobile spec of this sort.
it is not at the bridge, but Tanzini
yeah i got fooled by the invitation E-mail. Invitation E-mail says The Bridge. Later on I realize it wasn’t, which was probably around the same time you posted the comment when I was editing it.
Regardless – THANK!!! I have to lecture the organizer. haha. 😛
Comments are closed.