Sony today announced an impressive addition to their full-frame mirrorless camera line-up – the ?7R III (model ILCE-7RM3) and here are the features
• 35mm Full-Frame 42.4 MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
• Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Silent Shooting or Mechanical Shutter and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
• 399 phase-detection AF points covering 68% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and approximately 2 times more effective Eye AF
• 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed advantage
• High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
• Completely redesigned for professionals, including upgraded Auto Focus, Dual SD Card Slots, Extended Battery Life, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C™ Terminal and more
• Compact, Lightweight body at only 657g
Now to put it in more human form without killing off the excitement, I shall summarize this camera for you. 🙂
The A7R III here has 42.4 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor that’s capable of up to 10fps burst mode with AF / AE tracking and 4K UHD video recording capability, it has 15 stops of Dynamic Range and ISO range of 100 to 32000, expandable from 50 to 102400 just in case you need to shoot in really dark settings.
The A7R III is capable of 14-bit RAW format to maximize detail, while the sensor comes with 5-axis stabilization that’s claimed to have 5.5 steps shutter speed advantage.
Not only does the A7R III do 10 fps burst mode with up to 76 JPEG / RAW images or 28 RAW images, and can be done so in both mechanical shutter and silent shooting modes. Live mode shooting? No problem, it does 8fps in Live View mode.
Focusing on the A7R III is stunning, with 399 focal-plan phase detection AF_points covering 68% of the image area. There’s also 425 contrast AF-points.
The A7R III now comes with dual card slots and extended battery life compared to other Alpha series models. The Sony ?7R III Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera will be available in Malaysia from November 2017. Price not available at the time of this article.
But wait, there’s more!
With such a great camera body, you should accompany it with a great lens like the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS – price also not available at the time of this article but availability is from November 2017.
I know we’re in November already but well, just wait la – Sony will unveil soon.
The FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS – a lens with f/4 constant wide aperture and weather resistant design that’s capable of high quality imaging thanks to its advanced optical design featuring four aspherical lens elements, two of which are high precision AA (advanced aspherical) lenses. There are also three strategically located ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that work in combination with the aforementioned aspherical lens elements to minimise chromatic aberration and ensure the ultimate resolution is captured.
The lens also has Sony’s original Nano AR coating to minimise flare and ghosting, and utilises a circular aperture to ensure it delivers high quality bokeh that is consistent for all Sony’s G series.
The lens weighs 663 grams, has MFD of 1.25ft and also built-in optical stabilization. Let’s not forget also that it comes with DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) for fast focusing purpose as the system moves the lens elements in high precision with minimal noise.