The roadshow began today, 2nd October 2014 at KB Mall of Kota Bharu, Kelantan. This is the first time a PC Modding event is held in this northern state of the east coast of Malaysia.
The event is organized by Ahmad Nahili Abdullah of Mod’n’Go Design, you might remember his Gold Digger case mod that won ASUS’ Gold Rush case modding competition.
Many brands are in support of this event, we see components from ASUS, Cooler Master, AeroCool, BitFenix, NZXT, FSP, ThermalTake, Corsair, AVF and the list goes on.
The event covers DIY consultation, live demo of PC and Water Cooling setup, giveaways, gaming tournaments and many more.
Case modding and computer components are my passion, Kota Bharu is my home town – all are great reasons for goldfries to participate in this event.
Guess which one are my babies?
For those interested, below are my demo rig specs.
Orange- AeroCool DS Cube (Orange)
– AMD A10-7850K
– ASUS A88XM-A
– Kingston Hyper X 8GB (2×4) 1600Mhz RAM
– ASUS R9 280X Direct CU II Top
– NZXT Kraken X40 with G10 gpu cooler mod
– FSP Aurum PT 650w 80Plus Platinum PSU
– Stock heatsink for CPU
– Aurora RGB LED
– Aerocool DS fan for the NZXT X40
Estimated price : RM 4,000 (not inclusive of Storage / Operating System)
Black / Red – BitFenix Phenom MATX
– AMD A10-7700K
– Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H
– Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2×4) 1600Mhz RAM
– ASUS HD 7950 DirectCU II Top
– NZXT Kraken X40
– FSP 450w MicroATX 80Plus Gold PSU
– Aurora RGB LED
Estimated price : RM 3,000 (not inclusive of Storage / Operating System)
White – NZXT S340
– Intel Core i5-4670K
– Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
– ADATA XPG V3 8GB (2×4) 2400Mhz RAM
– Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X + HD 7970 Vapor-X CrossfireX
– NZXT Kraken X31
– FSP Aurum S 700w 80Plus Gold PSU
– Aurora LED
Estimated Price : RM 5,000 (not inclusive of Storage / Operating System)
*For the record : All items are from goldfries’ lab. Not a single component were loan units. 🙂
It’s great to see events are being held to introduce the art of case modding to consumers.
The SKATEH2PC event will be on-going until 4th October. Those of you in Kelantan, do check it out!