GALAX has just confirmed the dates, prizes and stage of the online worldwide qualification phase of the GOC 2018. The online qualification contest is the prelude to the GALAX GOC 2018 Grand Final which will take place in December. The qualification phase is opened to all overclockers and spans five stages, which includes both 2D and 3D challenges.
The online qualifier is opened to all HWBOT members and will be hosted on OC-ESPORTS by HWBOT from October 15th to November 10th. The contest will involve the following stages:
• Stage 1: SuperPI 32m
• Stage 2: Memory Frequency
• Stage 3: GPUPI-1B
• Stage 4: 3DMark TimeSpy Extreme, GPU score only
• Stage 5: 3DMark TimeSpy, GPU score only
To enter the competition, simply submit your best benchmark scores on the contest page. The twelve contestants with the highest overall points will each win a ticket to the GALAX GOC 2018 Grand Final live event.
** In this year, all Ex- GOC Champions from year 2009 to 2017, both individual and team will be invited as guest finalists.
Total: 20 Finalists.
• Only use Intel Core i7- 8086K or below), retail only
• Galax HOF OC Lab Edition 2080ti single card, retail only
• Galax HOF OC Lab Edition DDR4 4600 CL 19, retail only
• Z370 or Z270 Platform only
• CPU and Uncore Freq. will be limited to 6gb +/-10MHz
• No limits on VGA overclocks, system memory clocks or cooling
In case of an overall tie, 3DMark Time spy is the first tie-breaker followed by Memory Frequency.
Points Calculation for each Benchmark:
The top score to the lowest score will receive 50, 48, 46, 44, 42, 40, 38, 36, 34, 32, 30, 28 and so on
Five benchmarks total = 250 points
You can learn more details about the rules and restrictions here on the OC-ESPORTS contest page:
Top 12 Win Tickets to the Grand Final
The overclockers with the highest scoring submission will each be invited to compete in the Grand Final. All expenses including travel & accommodation will be paid by GALAX.
Lucky Draw Giveaway Prizes
The following lucky draw prizes will be applicable for all who compete in the contest without making into the top 12. Prizes will be drawn after the contest ends. The prize draw is only opened to overclockers who made a submission in all five stages. Total 10 Contestants will receive 1x prize by Lucky Draw.
• Intel new generation Core i9 CPU x2
• GALAX GeForce RTX 2080Ti HOF OC Lab Edition x1
• GALAX HOF DDR4-4600 16GB Kit x2
• GALAX HOF Links idol x5