The NC450 is probably one of the better IP cameras I’ve used, I love it for the price and features.
Here are the key features of the NC450
– 720p HD Imaging – HD resolution provides sharper, clearer images
– Pan / Tilt – See up to 360 degrees horizontally and 150 degrees vertically.
– Night Vision- Know whatâ€™s happening when itâ€™s dark, with up to 26 feet of night vision.
– Motion & Sound Detection -Receive push and email notifications when motion or sound is detected.
– 2-way Audio â€“ Start 2-way audio with ease to communicate with your family instantly
– SD Card Storage -Save your videos and images easily thanks to an integrated SD slot
The packaging is simple, here’s what you get with the NC450.
I like it that TP-Link included wall-mounting arm and even an extender for the power cable.
Here’s the rear view of the NC450 camera unit.
Setting up this device is amazingly simple, all I did was connect the IP camera to the network and run the app.
You need not register any TP-Link account to use it locally, just click on the LOCAL button and the app will scan the network for the camera and when found, it will be ready for load.
Here’s the screenshot I took from the app and from what I can tell is that the image quality looks great. The camera is responsive and when it’s dark it’s able to switch to Infrared (low-light) mode.
There are downsides of the NC450 though, for one thing the app only limits one to only view the camera but there’s no other form of settings available. There’s no option to set image quality, video quality option is only in either high or low, there’s no setting to set sensitivity for motion detection, so on so forth.
Other drawbacks would be that there’s no way to view the camera through computer, there’s no way to connect to it via computer for any form of configuration (like for Wi-Fi) and the Wi-Fi setup is limited to WPS connection setup.
The TP-Link NC450 HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera retails at RM 349, good price for something of this build quality, flexibility for having it wall-mounted and easy to setup. I only wish that there’s more configuration options and Wi-Fi connectivity without having to use WPS, not forgetting accessibility from computers (not mobile devices) would be a plus point.