Here’s a list of the new information going public today about AMD Ryzen, the much awaited processor from the RED team.
– Three AMD Ryzen 7 desktop processors will launch globally on March 2, the 8-core, 16-thread Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 7 1700X, and Ryzen 7 1700.
– AMD beat its goal of 40% IPC improvement with Zen – achieving 52%.
– Base and boost clock speeds, TDP and suggested pricing for each Ryzen 7 variant.
– The flagship Ryzen 7 1800X was shown outperforming a similarly configured 8-core, 16-thread Intel Core i7-6900K in Cinebench R15 multi-threaded, Handbrake-based video transcoding, as well as showing comparable 4K gaming performance.
– All Demo Showcase photography is able to be posted at embargo lift on Wednesday Feb. 22nd (excluding Dell)
– Pre-orders will begin February 22 at 1 p.m. EST from more than 180 global etailers and boutique OEMs.
– AMD will launch the Wraith Spire, a new cooling solution for select Ryzen processors.
Here’s some details from me. 😀
You can guess how happy I am, I’ve tested the system in my room and it worked flawlessly. Now to head back to the lab and perform some benchmarks.