Setting up the unit was easy, hop on to the default Wi-Fi and follow the instructions when the interface loads. This can be done via both web browser and mobile app. On the computer’s web browser it looks like this.
Here’s what the app interface looks like.
For the app I feel like D-link could use some improvement on it, for example it doesn’t know that I’ve already configured the router earlier and it initiates the entire setup process right from scratch and regardless how you run it, the app doesn’t allow you to configure or remote login to the router. The router can be managed but it is done through another app.
Once you get the settings done it’s ready to roll and true enough the coverage is amazing. I placed it at the upper floor of my house and using my phone, I can see that there’s 1 bar difference on my phone when it comes to reception.
At full connectivity I had no problem achieving ~30Mbps download and ~10Mbps as the service provided claimed. As impressive as it is, I was curious on how well in performs at less optimal condition so I went further, across the road from my residence and the results still look pretty good.
From then I went 4 house down the lane and with that measly connection I still got quite some connection speed.