Sony aims to bring the best of Sony experiences to a broader device range at new price points
· Xperia™ SP offers a high quality HD experience, LTE 4G and easy connectivity with One-touch function in a beautiful cutting-edge design
· Xperia™ E and Xperia™ E dual provides outstanding call quality through HD Voice and noise cancellation for crystal clear calls in any environment
Xperia SP – High Definition brilliance in a premium design
The Xperia SP utilises expertise from Sony’s BRAVIA® TV engineers to create its stunning 4.6” HD Reality Display for razor sharp pictures and superior brightness. The latest Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 delivers an even better viewing experience by analysing your content type and adjusting the image automatically, making it one of the most intelligent smartphone screens around. The engine will make the adjustment by adding new real-time contrast optimisation to the sharpness enhancement, high-quality colour management and noise reduction.
As well as delivering brilliant experiences, the Xperia SP looks beautiful too with a precision-crafted co-moulded aluminium frame, for a seamless look that is both sleek and solid. Adding to the unique design innovation is the colour-changing ‘transparent element’ with customisable illuminations which you can personalise to alert you of incoming calls and text messages. And you can even set the illuminations to pulse to the beat of your favourite music.
Key features for Xperia SP
· Precision crafted co-moulded aluminium frame
· Super-bright 4.6” 720p HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
· One-touch functions with NFC to display content on your TV or to share music and photos between devices
· 4G LTE for superfast entertainment and browsing
· Unique ‘transparent element’ can be personalised to change colour when notifying you of all your incoming messages and calls. Or simply set it to pulse to the beat of your music to standout from the crowd.
· 8MP fast-capture camera with “Exmor RS for mobile”, HDR and Superior Auto for the best photos, even at night or against a strong backlight
· Battery STAMINA Mode for optimum battery life
· Available colours: Black and White, with Red to be available shortly after launch
· RRP: RM1,299
Xperia E – Affordable smartphone with HD Voice, data usage monitoring and battery power management
Xperia E boasts outstanding HD Voice quality that makes phone calls clearer than ever before, and also features noise cancellation that filters out background noise so consumers can hold crystal clear conversations in any environment.
Xperia E has also been designed to let consumers stay on top of cost and power consumption. The data usage application monitors how much is being spent and the extended standby mode increases the standby time up to 4 times.
When the screen has been in sleep mode for a few minutes, Wi-Fi and data traffic will be disabled and most applications will be inactive to save battery life. However, calling and messaging will continue to work as normal. Once you touch the screen to wake the device up from standby, all functions are back to normal.
Key features for Xperia E / Xperia E dual
· Crystal clear calls thanks to HD Voice and noise cancellation
· Easy data and battery power management
· Long-lasting 1500 mAh removable battery
· 3.5” HVGA display for great browsing and entertainment experiences
· Walkman music experience with xLOUD and 3D surround sound
· Wireless DLNA connectivity to easily share and view content like photos and videos on a TV, tablet and PC
· Powered by a 1 GHz processor
· Available Colours: Xperia E – Black, White, Red | Xperia E dual – Black, Gold
· RRP: Xperia E – RM499 | Xpera E dual – RM559
The new Xperia SP and Xperia E will be available starting 26 April 2013 while Xperia E dual is already in stores. All models except *Xperia E dual come with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) for the latest Android user experience.
* Xperia E dual launches initially on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and will be upgraded to Android 4.1 (Jellybean).
**Above content taken from Press Release